Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!

Runes, runes everywhere!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Runes, runes everywhere!!

Post  TheMothPrince on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:33 am

I use runes primarily and Id love to meet some other people who use them.

Has anyone used bone runes? ive been eyeing a set but they are much too expensive for me to buy them without knowing if it affects the outcome of casting.
TheMothPrince
Admin

View user profile http://mothmail.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Runes, runes everywhere!!

Post  maybeimmorbid on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:23 am

I haven't used any made out of bones, but I would venture that as long as you cleanse them, they'll work the same as any other kind. If they're human bones, I would definitely charge and consecrate them on something to absorb any negative energy. Animals don't tend to linger with their bodies, at least in my experience. There is no choice to make. They just go on, so any part left behind is unimportant to them. Bones, of course, represent history and people. But so does grave dirt, and it doesn't usually carry negative energy. I would love to see these runes, though I thought you already made some out of bones awhile back. Smile If they're calling you, go for it. If you can't decide, keep waiting and see if the energy starts to attract you more later. Don't break your wallet for something you're half-sure about, mate. When in doubt, wait till your birthday to use someone else's money on them.
maybeimmorbid

View user profile http://wakemewhennightfalls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Auxiliatrus on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

I've learned that it's usually much better to make your own runes--wood from a strong ash or birch tree is best. That way, instead of worrying about other energies attached to them, your own will is tied in more closely; and of course, the characters can be filled in with your own blood (if you're comfortable with that). When it comes to any type of divination, something that is either from you or handmade by you is usually a lot more effective. See, and not only will the runes be a part of you, but they'll also be much more cost-effective.
Auxiliatrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NakaliRivers on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

if you'd like to meet someone who uses runes, my boyfriend should be joining the site soon. he made and carved his own runes out of wood he chopped down in the forest out our back yard. quite a powerful set, but they've been unused for a number of weeks because of the spiritual drought in winter round our parts.
NakaliRivers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothPrince on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Strangely I am not much of a fan of wooden runes, even though they are traditional. i find them irritating to my sense of touch. Im a very texture oriented person so my current runes are riverstones that were made for me by someone kind. I am looking into making my own set from stone but i dont have the tools currently.

I do think its funny though how taboo it seems to buy runes. I dont see too much wrong with it especially if they are handmade and you cleanse them and put effort into putting energy into them.
TheMothPrince
Admin

View user profile http://mothmail.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top