Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!

Tarot and Other Interesting Things

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tarot and Other Interesting Things

Post  Foolish Arachni on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 pm

The tarot deck I am currently using is Divine Animals Tarot by Lisa Hunt.
I've been looking into getting Tarot of the New Vision by Raul and Gianluco Cestaro. I've never liked using the traditional Rider Wait deck, but something about this take on it intrigues me.
My first deck was just an inexpensive one with pips that I bought at Barnes & Nobles.
After that I bought Fairy Tarot by Antonio Lupatelli. The illustrations in the deck didn't really speak to me though. If anyone is interested in this deck just let me know. I'd be happy to send it to you.
I've used runes before, but never really got into it. I've also used quija boards quite extensively in the past, but I do not use them anymore. It became too much of a problem for me.
I'm interested in scrying though I have not tried it yet. I'm a ceramics major and one of the glazes I have access to in school is a metallic black. I made some teacups with it, and found that when filled with tea it creates a dark mirrored surface, much like that of a scrying mirror. I definitely need to make more of those teacups.
Foolish Arachni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tarot

Post  missscarlett on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 pm

I've never really understood Tarot Card Readings, but I've always been hugely amazed by it and adore some of the illustrated cards I've come across, however I never bought any due to money issues and not feeling right spending money on things I didn't know about or understand... I would love if someone were able to talk about their worth and help me understand more! Smile
missscarlett

View user profile http://awonderinthetardis, facebook.com/katiescarlettphotography

Back to top Go down

Why I Love Tarot Cards

Post  Foolish Arachni on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 am

missscarlett wrote:I would love if someone were able to talk about their worth and help me understand more! Smile

I use tarot cards as a way of objectively viewing and assessing a situation or possible course of action. I generally don't use tarot cards as a way of 'telling the future' (although there are some people that do. I just like surprises and don't want to really know what might happen). Although no one really knows how tarot cards work, I think of it as my subconscious interpreting the set of images in a way that allows me to reach an answer or solution that I otherwise would not have (whether due to having high emotional reaction to the topic, previously formed prejudices, or day to day distractions, etc.). Meditating on a particular card can also be a great exercise, both to get a better understanding of what that card means to you and how you can incorporate that aspect into your everyday life.
I suggest starting out with a basic Rider-Waite (either the Original design or Universal), just to get the hang of it. This should also be one of the less expensive decks. When you've used that for a while and if you want to continue I would suggest looking for a deck that has artwork you can identify with (unless you're quite happy with the Rider-Waite, in which case just stick with that). Aeclectic Tarot was a very helpful site when I was looking for a new tarot deck and continues to be a good resource whenever I need to look something up. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/.
Know Your Tarot http://www.knowyourtarot.com/index.html is also an excellent resource when looking for help with basic card interpretations, reviews of decks, and various spreads.
I don't know if the prices vary elsewhere, but basic tarot decks tend to run between $10- $20 in New England. There are certainly more expensive ones with gilded edges, or other fancy embellishments. Tarot decks that have been designed by artists (rather than reprints of more traditional decks) are more expensive because it takes a lot of forethought, time, and effort to design and create 78 unique pieces of art that are all cohesive and hold within them the symbolism that allows for a tarot reading. It's a process that takes years to complete.

Not everyone likes using tarot cards. Some people prefer using rune stones, I-Ching, palmistry, pendulums, scrying (with a dark reflective surface, either water or a mirror), or reading tea leaves (tasseography). There are really more ways that I can even think of right now. Some are obscure, while others have been more mainstreamed, either in Eastern or Western cultures.
Foolish Arachni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tarot and Other Interesting Things

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top